From Astro Wars
(Difference between revisions)
|Revision as of 20:39, 10 April 2011
Dren544 (Talk | contribs)
← Previous diff
|Revision as of 15:36, 25 April 2011
Dren544 (Talk | contribs)
Next diff →
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
|**<i>How large is his [[fleet]]?</i> This can help greatly, especially if using the [[Battle Calculator]].||**<i>How large is his [[fleet]]?</i> This can help greatly, especially if using the [[Battle Calculator]].|
|==See Also==||==See Also==|
|-||*[[Player Profile]], [[Intelligence Report]], [[Map Screen]]||+||*[[Player Profile]], [[Intelligence Report]], [[Map Screen]], [[Arrival Time Calculator]]|
|*[[Biology]], [[Race]]||*[[Biology]], [[Race]]|
|Noun: reconnaissance||Noun: reconnaissance|
|The act of scouting or exploring (especially to gain information about an enemy or potential enemy)||The act of scouting or exploring (especially to gain information about an enemy or potential enemy)|
|[[Category: Glossary]]||[[Category: Glossary]]|
Revision as of 15:36, 25 April 2011
Reconnaissance is one of the most important elements in strategy games - it involves observing the situations around you and behavior of your enemies. A sudden move or click can lead to disaster without proper information.
Ways to Gather Information
- The Player Profile screen. This screen is the basis for all information needed in reconnaissance. Among other things, it includes:
- Local Time - A player may change the Time Difference in their Settings, to allow everything to be displayed in their local time. If they have done this, it can help you determine whether they are likely to be asleep and easier to attack.
- Logins - This is how many times a player has logged in since he started playing the current round. You can compare this to your own logins to see how active he is, plus you can watch the login count to see how often it changes and what times of day he is most often online. This can help when planning battles.
- Science Level - This is the highest science level the player has reached. Remember though, that he may have more than one science at this level. This can be used in battle calculations to help determine how much fleet you need to win, by assuming he has this level in both Mathematics and Physics. Alternatively, if the profile belongs to a neighbor, it can be used to determine how high your Biology must be to avoid being scanned, by assuming it represents the biology level of that player. Remember that if a player achieves a biology level which is six levels higher than your own, he can see your Intelligence Report and race.
- Other Players. If, for example, another player/friend is under siege, opportunity for experience or an agreement of money may present itself. However, vital information can be obtained from conversation to prevent unneeded loses:
Noun: reconnaissance The act of scouting or exploring (especially to gain information about an enemy or potential enemy)