From Astro Wars
|For population to increase you need a certain amount of food to sustain the next level (see Hydroponic Farms), and must be advanced enough in the field of Social Science to accommodate the extra population.
Every level of population will give you the following:
Additionally, a planet with a population of 10 or more gives 1% bonus to your Trade Agreement partners.
Your planet's population may also undergo spontaneous growth if your Social Science is six levels above that of the planet's population.
Table example: to reach level 2 from level 1 requires 21 points, to reach level 3 from level 2 requires 57 points. So to develop from level 1 to level 3 requires 21 + 57 = 78 points. Population is never below level 1, even if attacked.
Growth needed to reach the next level
- This is the determining factor of the order of your planets .
- The first level of Population will also give you +1 food but subsequent levels of population attained will not affect food output.
- Your population counts toward your score.
- Higher population also helps with defence in the early game, as a player must spend 60 PP per level on transports to conquer your planet.
- A planet with a population of 10 or more gives 1% bonus to your Trade Agreement partners.