From Astro Wars
To edit a page just click on the  link at the top of the page.
To edit a section, click on the  link to the right of the section title.
Some basic Wiki syntax
If a Wiki entry page is very short, editing separate sections may not be needed.
To remove the section edit link, place this at the top of the page: __NOEDITSECTION__
<noWiki>Text within these tags is not parsed as Wiki code</noWiki> Example:
You can add a separator line between paragraphs (like the one above) by adding this: ----
Ordered (numbered) List:
- = #
- = ##
- = ##
- = #
Unordered List (compact):
- = *
- = **
- = ***
- = **
Unordered List (standard):
- = *
- = :*
- = ::*
Web links: [http://www.external_link.com external link text] --> external link text
Link to existing AstroWars Wiki entry through title of entry: [[AllesRoger]] --> AllesRoger
- You can extend the link text (e.g. for plurals) like this: [[Colony Ship]]s --> Colony Ships
- You can have different text by using | to separate the two: [[Astro Dollars|Money]] --> Money
- You can link to subsections within a Wiki entry, by adding #subsection_title after the page title, then use a different text as above: [[Map_Screen#Map_Details|Map Details]] --> Map Details (a subsection of the Map Screen page)
Notes on links
- Links to wiki pages are case sensitive, so watch those capitals - "colony ship" is not the same page as "Colony Ship"!
- The ALT text shown as you mouse over the link will always show the page title, even if the displayed text is different.
Example Section Title
Wiki code to create Sections (like above):
== Example Section Title ==
Example Subsection Title
Sections can also be divided into Subsections (like above):
=== Example Subsection Title ===
Adding a timestamp
You can add a timestamp which includes your registered name, plus the date and time.
Add this code where you want the timestamp to appear: ~~~~
DoktorGbla 23:12, 26 Mar 2006 (CEST)
Adding a Table Of Contents
If a Wiki entry has more than three sections, a Table of Contents (TOC) is automatically added at the top.
To stop a Table Of Contents being displayed there, place this code at the top of the page: __NOTOC__
To place the TOC elsewhere in the page (not at the top), add this code where you want it to appear: __TOC__