From Astro Wars
|The Colony Ship is the basis for expanding empires. Ships of this type contain everything for colonizing new worlds.
Colony Ships also have a second function - to transport Production Points between planets you already own. To do this, launch a Colony Ship to the target planet (or the free planet to be conquered), when there are 2 Colony Ships present (minimum), they will disband to give 15 PP each.
Colony ships only disband if there is at least 1 colony ship in the incoming Fleet. So if you already have 1 colony ship on a planet then send 1 Destroyer and 1 colony ship to the planet, the colony ships will be disbanded, but if you build 2 colony ships on a planet then send a fleet with no colony ships, the colony ships on the planet will not disband.
- You can only have a maximum of 5 fleets in transit at any given time.
- All free planets have 0 Population, and 0 buildings present hence when the colony ship arrives the population will be set to 1 by the Colony ship and therefore its original output will be +1pp/hour.
- Colonizing a "free planet" costs 1 Colony Ship
- When using Colony Ships to transport Production Points to a planet you already own, or to a Free Planet you intend to conquer, only 2 colony ships are required if you already own the planet, but you MUST send a minimum of 3 Colony Ships to the Free Planet to get 30 PP. 1 is used in taking the free planet and then a minimum of 2 more colony ships are needed to attain pp giving 15 pp. Therefore in the above example 30 pp would be deposited on the newly colonised planet)
- You may send as many Colony Ships as you like but when they land on the planet they will immediately deconstruct in pairs (ie. if 1 colony ship arrives on a planet and another arrives later they will deconstruct on the second ships arrival) or the multiples that they were sent in (ie. if you send 3 to a planet under your control you will receive 45 pps there).
- Colony Ships have a Combat Value of 0. But they take part in active combat. If they are sent with a fleet of combat ships they will experience battle damage and a few may be lost along with other ships. It is a commanders decision whether to send them with a main fleet or take another fleet launch spot and send the colony ships later